A BUZZFLASH NEWS ANALYSIS
Though the Bush dynasty has long been America's most notorious crime family, the current administration has been even more nepotistic towards the Cheney clan -- with disastrous results. Take one of Cheney's daughters, for example. Elizabeth Cheney's husband was appointed general counsel for the Homeland Security Department (where he blatantly hindered and stalled multiple government investigations).
But Elizabeth herself is far more connected to political favoritism and neoconservatism within the government. And it might just help the Cheney back-office effort to lead us into war with Iran.
Subject: Is It Smoky In Here?
Okay, I can't figure out if Iran War Drums are a smokescreen for the Scooter Show or if Anna Nicole 24x7 was because Crazy Astronaut Lady was getting old. Whatever! All news is anymore is what some pinheaded executive has figured out sells to the public. It's also the death throes of old media. Good riddance and go BuzzFlash!
BARBARA'S DAILY BUZZFLASH MINUTE
It's really more than obvious that the same White House and DoD Offices of Disinformation that brought us the war in Iraq, are the sources for the latest George Bush and Dick Cheney's prelude to nuke Iran!!!
A BUZZFLASH GUEST CONTRIBUTION
by Dave Lindorff
So let's get this straight.
Douglas Feith, who headed up the insidious Office of Special Plans at the Pentagon that was created to develop, gin up, and manufacture "evidence" to justify a U.S. attack on Iraq, has been reprimanded in a long-delayed report by the Pentagon Inspector General's office, which concludes that the whole OSP project, while perhaps not illegal, was "inappropriate."
WORLD MEDIA WATCH
Summaries are excerpted from the source articles; the featured article follows the summary section. A recommended "site of the day" will also appear occasionally following the summaries.
A BUZZFLASH GUEST CONTRIBUTION
by Danny Schechter
Some years ago, during a visit in Singapore, I noticed a huge building housing the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation. I registered the sighting as evidence of the emerging power of the East in the world economy.
We have all heard many wild explanations
Has to be amazed that perhaps T-Rex just
A BUZZFLASH INTERVIEW
... the Reagan people were using this phrase, "perception management." They understood that if you could manage the perceptions of the American people through the information they got, making sure it was only your side of the story and that the facts from the ground were filtered out, then they could control the American population. They did not want to see Vietnam again. If they had to do foreign policy interventions, they didn't want the American people to become an obstacle to them. -- Investigative Journalist, Robert Parry
A BUZZFLASH EDITORIAL
It was a week of startling revelations that included:
- The Pentagon issuing a report admitting that they had a department set up that helped create lies to convince America to go to war with Iraq.
- The Libby trial further revealing that Cheney orchestrated a campaign, with the approval of Bush, that included outing a CIA operative who specialized in tracking the illicit sale and possession of WMD’s, the very reason Cheney and Bush claimed that we went to war with Iraq over, but lied about.
- Congressional hearings unearthed multiple Bush Administration betrayals and deceptions including that the Iranians had offered awhile back to have comprehensive negotiations with the U.S. to help stabilize Iraq and even potentially recognize Israel. The Bush Administration ignored their offer.
- Among the many other Congressional hearing bombshells, we learned that the Bush "Viceroy" for Iraq, L. Paul Bremer, allowed the distribution of $12 billion in cash without requiring any record keeping.
- The Bush Administration continued putting naval and military resources in place to launch a nuclear airstrike on Iran.
But these and so many other bombshells – which strung together in just one week would merit the exploration of high crimes and misdemeanors (as in the impeachment of Bush and Cheney) – got buried in the sudden death of the only bombshell that really matters to television news ratings: the mysterious death of a bodacious blonde female celebrity.